Sunday, February 22, 2015

Sunday Night Heaven

So after explaining to you guys how important Sunday night dinners are in my last post, I want to show you a little bit of my Grandmas creations. Tonight, I was lucky enough to attend dinner with my family before having to leave for school again. As I walked into my grandma's kitchen, I was instantly greeted with open arms and teary eyes from Nanny. She had read my last blog post, printed it out, and put it into a plastic sleeve! It brought me to tears seeing how much she loved and appreciated what I had said about her dinners and how much they mean to my family and I. And as always, she didn't disappoint with tonights dinner. She made a popover cheese bread, chicken tetrazzini, salad, and steamed broccoli.  As my Aunt Bobbie and I agreed, even her simple salad is inquisitively good. For dessert, she even tried something new! The recipe called it Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Cake, but my Aunt Laurie and I came up with the name Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake. Ofcourse, before any of us tried it, Nanny warned us that "it may not be any good," and ofcourse, IT WAS AMAZING. I even had three pieces... (shhhhhh, I decided I wasn't a nutrition major tonight). With a glass of milk, it was the perfect dessert to end my relaxing weekend at home. Here are some pictures!
~ With love, Nicole Alexis ~
















No comments:

Post a Comment