Sunday, January 11, 2015

"A tavola non s'in vecchia" -Moosewood Restaurant

For this christmas, I was so fortunately able to add a few new cookbooks to my growing collection. Among these was the Moosewood Restaurant Favorites, a collection of the 250 most-requested recipes from the Moosewood Restaurant itself. If you haven't heard of this restaurant and their amazing and genuine commitment to serving naturally delicious meals, please take the time to look at their website by clicking on the link above. After reading through the introduction of this book, I was instantly inthralled  with their mentality on good, wholesome food and meals. As said in this book, there ability to publish over a dozen cookbooks is built off of the old Italian saying, "A tavola non s'in vecchia," which translates as "You can never grow old at the table." As many of my favorite memories occur around the family dinner table, this saying could not have related to me more. Its truly inspiring! Inspiring enough to make me cook a whole meal from their book for lunch today. One of my favorite parts about this book is the fact that they include suggestions of dish pairings at the bottom of every recipe...it's genius. So, today I made "Our Best Chili" with Moosewood Restaurant's House Cornbread. These two recipes are incredibly easy and make for a perfect winter lunch or dinner. I knew it was a success when my sister (Jess), the picky eater, went for seconds and took leftovers for her husband (Travis). If you are looking for fresh, new, AMAZING recipes...this book, or any of their cookbooks, are the way to go. They are worth every penny and more. Visiting this exquisite restaurant in Ithaca, New York has definitely been added to my bucket list. It may even be a trip for this summer!
~ With love, Nicole Alexis ~

No comments:

Post a Comment