Sunday, January 11, 2015

Something Lite and Nutritious

After having some heavier dinners throughout the week, I decided to make something a little on the lighter side for dinner last night. With my Dad having high blood pressure and wanting to eat healthier, I have been trying to incorporate more fresh vegetables into our family's diet. I landed on a pinterest page for vegetarian meals that do not include pasta, because my Dad also tries to stay away from heavy carbs. With a love for tacos, I decided on a raw vegan taco. This "taco" uses a cabbage leaf as the shell and is packed full of a variety of vegetables. You can add almost anything to this dish and it will work. Although I did not make the spicy nut + seed crumble or the cashew sour cream, I did add quinoa and some oregano sour cream to the recipe. To make a fuller meal, I also sautéed some cubed acorn squash with maple syrup and cinnamon on the side. All together, this was a VERY simple and light meal, perfect for individuals that don't have a lot of time or want a nutrient dense meal. 
~ With love, Nicole Alexis ~  
    


No comments:

Post a Comment