Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Personal Chef

Yesterday, I was so nonchalantly asked by my sister (Jess) and my brother-in-law (Travis) to make dinner at their brand new house. After realizing that I would be able to cook in their freshly equipped kitchen, I took on the job without hesitation and much excitement. Ofcourse, I first had to take their requests due to my sisters' rather picky preferences, but I instantly took to Pinterest (my favorite recipe book) to find something that would meet the wants of all my "guests." After little negotiation, we agreed to a main course of Chicken Parm Baked Ziti, green beans, salad, and biscuits. Dessert is always necessary to complete a meal, so Molten Chocolate Lava Cakes were the prime choice considering I was itching to use my beautiful new ramekins I received for Christmas. It was only appropriate that my night was followed by a dream about baking for celebrities in their impeccable kitchens. After waking up, I immediately made a master grocery list before leaving for my daily gym visit. As I attempted to burn enough calories to give myself permission to eat a full lava cake, I came up with a time schedule to have everything ready for Jess, Travis, and my Mom at 6 sharp. Although many would disagree, the grocery store is one of my favorite places (it must be a nutrition major thing). After galavanting through my local Kennies Market, I drove straight to my sisters house to start mise en place. With every step I was able to use a brand new piece of equipment and I  cannot explain to you how invigorating that was...again, it must be a nutrition major things. Anyways, 2 hours and period of time without power to the oven later, I had a full meal prepared by 6:05. By far, the stars of the night were the lava cakes. Without an oven, I had to use a toaster oven to bake them, and I must say that they turned out amazing. Although there were a few minor setbacks, being able to take some weight off of my family's shoulders, and seeing them relax at the table, made everything worth it. Nothing makes me happier than seeing others happy around the food I make. 
Here is a little sneak peak from tonight's meal!  
~ With love, Nicole Alexis ~

No comments:

Post a Comment